Sydney Steel Corporation Business Plan 2003-04 (continued)
Strategic Goals -
- Fulfill all responsibilities stated for the wind-up of Sysco
and treat workers fairly, seek the best return on the assets,
pursue clean up and chart a new plan for the future of the site.
- Remediate the site for future uses.
- Redevelop the Sysco site into a premier industrial park, providing
business, recreation and other opportunities to the communities
of the Cape Breton Regional Municipality.
- Work with the community as partners on future directions and
- Attempt to maximize financial returns to the shareholder from
the sale of scrap steel, the sale of slag, leasing of property
and overall good financial management.
- Promote sound occupational health and safety policies and practices.
Core Business Areas -
- Development strategy and physical master plan for the site
- Liquidation and sale of major equipment and scrap
- Redevelopment of the site
- Environmental remediation—Phase II assessments of priority
- Efforts to attract new business opportunities to the site